With all the buzz surrounding the possibility of converting Oil, Gas and Solid Fuel Aga Range Cookers over to Electric we thought it would be a good idea to share as much information as we possibly could with you.
The advantages of the Electric Conversion
- Its possible to convert all models of Aga range cookers over to Electric (despite what some companies say)
- It can reduce running costs by 10-15 per week / £520-780 per year
- It requires very little maintenance, one annual efficiency check (£60-70)
- Its allows flexible usage, and is easy to control.
- It can be run on a timer if required, or for 24 hours a day (like a normal Oil / Gas Aga )
- It only requires a designated double 13 amp switched socket
Reasons why people have converted to Electric
- A backlash against high and volatile oil prices.
- Being able to move/install an Aga range cooker anywhere in the kitchen because it doesn’t require a flue/chimney.
- If customers are faced with replacing an oil tank or flue liner.
- Rental Properties where the Aga range cooker is being turned on and off frequently.
- General wish to save money on running costs
- Customers with PV cells or a Wind Turbine
Other Info on the Electric Conversion
- Which conversion kit should I use? (coming soon)
- Running Costs and Performances (coming soon)
- Converting an Aga range cooker with a water boiler over to Electric.
- The 8 Hour Shutdown
- 30 Day Conversion Trial
- The ‘Cold Start Up’
If you have any questions or want to chat to us about anything to do with possible Electric conversions please call me on